- Acquisitions-Monthly - news and analysis updated daily. Includes: breaking news, articles, legal comment industry view and company profiles.
- Corpfinworldwide - worldwide subscription based deals service formed by the merger of Corpfin Ltd and MergerStat in January 2000. The site also includes some open access content.
- M&A Online - place for buyers and sellers of companies to network.
- M&A Source - a division of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA). The service deals with middle market merger and acquisition transactions.
- Mergers & Acquisitions (National Statistics) - full text access to this quarterly update with data on recent domestic/overseas acquisitions and mergers.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Report - information on mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and bankruptcies. Published weekly.
- MergerStat - a free US based mergers & acquisitions newsfeed, with subscription services including daily M&A reports, league tables and online databases. The website includes the option to view a sample of a daily transaction report.
- NVST - subscription based international M&A database service, including open access to a sample selection of latest opportunities and a search function to locate M&A opportunities by country/industry sector. Full data is only available to subscribers.
- Real-deals - online private equity and venture capital news service, alongside a subscription based deals data service 'Done Deals' which is described as a 'comprehensive round-up of venture capital and private equity deals in Europe'. The Done Deals service is arranged by sector, and includes investor and adviser details. Users can view a sample of the Done Deals service in PDF format.
- Scotia Group Inc. - M&A database listing approximately 5,000 mergers and 3,000 companies related to the oil and gas property industry.
- Thomson Financial Investment Banking Group including Mergers & Acquisitions products and League tables.
- Unquoted - daily news and analysis of the off-exchange marketplace including OFEX, bulletin boards for users to discuss OFEX and unquoted stocks, and an IR research database with data on OFEX companies.
- Zephyr - M&A, IPO and venture capital deals with links to company information. Zephyr contains approximately 180, 000 transactions.
- Zephyr fact sheets - free monthly factsheets from BVD which provide a useful summary of recent M&A deal information (available in PDF and excel versions).
Somosnegocios is not liable for the content on any site whichappears linked this site.
Other M&A data research resources
Small Business Sales Transaction Database
Data on over 9,000 small business sales transactions is searchable by SIC code, industry, sale size, and geographical area. Primary focus is on small businesses priced at less than $1 million. Available in print, CD-ROM, or online versions.
BizBuySell Business Pricing Report
Pricing report is based on current businesses for sale and recently sold businesses for 50 industries and includes geographic area, asking price, gross income, and cash flow.
IBA Transaction Database
Transaction data on sales of closely-held businesses, emphasizing businesses under $1 million that make up more than 80% of all businesses in the U.S. Largest such database in existence with more than 23,000 transactions in more than 725 SIC Codes. Access by individual SIC code for IBA members only.
Done Deals Online
This database contains corporate transaction details for private and public mid-market companies sold for purchase prices between $1 million and $1 billion, with approximately 50% of deals under $15 million and 50% over $15 million, and approximately 79% of the selling companies being privately owned. Provides six different value multiples, including equity, revenue, net income, cash flow, and EBITDA multiples.
Pratt's Stats Database
Provides comparable sale data on private business sale transactions ranging in deal price from under $1 million to over $7 billion. Includes over 8,600 transactions in 680 SIC codes and 820 NAICS codes, with up to up to 80 data points highlighting financial and transactional details. Calculates eleven different value multiples, including equity, revenue, net income, cash flow, discretionary earnings, EBIT, and EBITDA multiples.
Provides almost 7,000 comparable sales transactions for private and public mid-market companies over the prior 10 years. Business sale price ranges from $1 million to $250 million, with 50% being under10 million. Provides six different value multiples, including equity, revenue, net income, cash flow, and EBITDA multiples.
Online searchable database of over 14,000 mid-cap and large-cap merger & acquisition transactions provides transaction details for private and public mid-cap companies sold for purchase prices between $1 Million and $250 Million, and for large-cap transactions over $250 Million. Provides six different value multiples, including equity, revenue, net income, cash flow, and EBITDA multiples.
IMAP Transaction and Pricing Surveys
Middle-market merger and acquisition surveys conducted by the International Association of Merger and Acquisitions Professionals for North America and Europe. Transactions focus on privately-held companies with annual sales ranging from under $10 million to $50 million plus. Includes median and upper and lower quartile EBIT multiples by company size and product type. Available free online.
Financial Post Crosbie: Mergers & Acquisitions in Canada
Crosbie & Company, Inc.
Quarterly summary report on Canadian M&A activity. Available free online.
FactSet Mergerstat LLC
Annual publication analyzes mergers and acquisitions involving US companies, including privately held, publicly traded, and foreign companies. It also analyzes unit divestitures, management buyouts and certain asset sales. Includes industry analysis by size, premium and transaction multiples. It also provides trend analysis by seller, type, deal size and industry as well as offering 25 years of summary M&A statistics, including average premium and price/earnings ratio.
Mergerstat Online Transaction Roster
FactSet Mergerstat LLC
The Mergerstat Online Transaction Roster is a compilation of mergers and acquisitions involving US companies, including privately held, publicly traded, and foreign companies. The information includes unit divestitures, management buyouts and certain asset sales while also providing transaction synopsis, SIC codes, announce and close date, and deal values for thousands of transactions. Deals are sorted by target industry group.
Mergerstat Control Premium Study
FactSet Mergerstat LLC
Quarterly publication tracks acquisition premiums for completed transactions involving publicly traded target companies where a controlling interest was acquired. Analysis compares acquisition prices to the trading prices one day, one week, one month and two months prior to the announcement date of the transaction. In addition, an event study is performed for each transaction to ascertain the target company's common stock price per share unaffected by the acquisition announcement. The study indicates the percentage of shares held before and after the transaction as well as additional information.
Mergerstat / Shannon Pratt's Control Premium Study
Online database version of Mergerstat Control Premium Study is searchable by industry, financial data, and sales details parameters.
The Merger & Acquisition Sourcebook
Analysis of transactions in public, private and foreign markets, organized by SIC number. Includes complete coverage of public & private M&A deals, financial data for three to five prior years, purchase price ratios, in-depth industry valuations, complete descriptions of the most active buyers by industry, analysis of industries with high takeover activity, list of takeover targets, IPO valuations, and termination announcements.
NVST Research Reports
NVST Research Reports present industry-specific merger and acquisition data and statistics with details and analysis of the most significant transactions. Included are industry summaries, synopses of transactions, complete data on mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, and IPOs with purchase price multiples for completed public and private transactions, and historical financial information with income and balance sheet data.
Executive Summary Report on Partnership Re-Sale Discounts
(formerly, Partnership Re-Sale Discount Study)
Partnership Profiles, Inc., annual
This 20-page report provides a detailed analysis of the current state of price-to-value discounts based on the prices at which minority interests in real estate partnerships traded in the secondary market, together with a historical look at discounts. This summary reports price-to-value discounts for each partnership included in the survey as well as average price-to-value discounts for the entire group of partnerships and based upon five categories including: (i) equity - distributing (low to no debt); (ii) equity - distributing (moderate to high debt); (iii) equity - non-distributing; (iv) undeveloped land; and (v) triple-net-lease.
Partnership Profiles Minority Interest Discount Database
Partnership Profiles, Inc., annual
This interactive database, which is accessible via the Partnership Profiles website for a period of one year from time of purchase, provides access to valuable market data compiled in connection with Partnership Profiles' annual Partnership Re-Sale Discount Surveys. Includes an interface enabling appraisers to quickly access market data on more than 300 real estate partnerships.